Account Executive - Manhattan
F. Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for designing and distributing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering and furnishings is seeking a seasoned Account Executive. The successful professional will exercise a strategic multi-brand & commodity sales strategy. The position will be responsible for selling high-end fabric, wall covering & furniture lines as well as product & sampling assortments to accounts within the Manhattan territory. As a part of the outside sales team, this Account Executive will reinforce brand positioning within the marketplace and provide key service for accounts within the Manhattan territory.
The ideal candidate is sophisticated, confident and assertive. You are a strong sales professional with strong ties and relationships to the design community in Manhattan. Additionally, you have knowledge of the interior design process starting with scheming to install.
- Visit minimum of 10 designers daily to identify their project needs and collaborate to build ongoing working relationships.
- Maximize sales of all luxury brands and product categories in the geographic territory including fabric, wall covering, furniture and floor covering.
- Strategically establish, develop, and grow existing and new business in the residential and commercial market.
- Seek and develop new business opportunities through trade affiliations, industry functions such as market, line showings, mailing, trade publications, social and professional networking.
- Represent the luxury brand by providing the best possible customer service while enhancing the Schumacher mission to offer the highest quality product and service standards in the luxury market.
- Analyze the territory and identify growth opportunities for existing and new accounts.
- Consistently seek to expand your working knowledge of interior design, current Schumacher collections and seek depth of knowledge in the luxury interior design industry.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of all product categories, including pricing, industry competition and trends.
- Prepare comprehensive proposals specific to the client-customer needs in order for successful closure.
- Leverage the Schumacher sales and reporting tools in order to manage client order status and increase territory sales.
- Collaborate with the showroom team(s) in order to maximize sales across all product categories in order to achieve individual and team sales goals.
- Proven ability to establish and execute a multi-brand account strategy in the interior design market.
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals through active collaboration and ability to influence the sale.
- Experience in managing multiple accounts and building trusting and mutually successful client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively in order to build account level sales as well as strategically develop new business in a rapidly changing environment.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial mindset in order to expand client base and grow existing accounts.
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about luxury interior design industry.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills.
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Proficiency in MS Windows and Office suite.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Dependable transportation and a clean driving record.
- Proven ability to identify growth opportunities including high potential customers & new accounts.
F. Schumacher & Co is a 130 year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130 year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.