Accounts Payable Manager
F. Schumacher & Co. is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering and furnishings and is seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Manager.
A company’s accounts payable procedure has a significant impact on cash flow and the completion of its financial statements, which explains why it is so important to keep an accurate record of what the company owes.
We are seeking an Accounts Payable Manager that we can depend on to protect our bottom line, a highly motivated and professional individual to handle all aspects of AP, while also developing internal and external relationships.
- Own all Accounts Payable processes such as managing all incoming invoices from vendors and employees, ensuring that they are completed accurately and on time
- Negotiate with vendors to receive better terms and discounts to increase company profit and avoid finance charges
- Complete month-end closing processes and reconciliations
- Collaborate with Controller and outside auditor on year end testing
- Enhance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees
- Automate any manual process or reconciliation with accounting software
- Maintain all records for new vendors and ensure accuracy of existing ones
- Match purchase orders to invoices using the 3-way match process before authorizing payment
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Build and maintain relationships with clients, vendors, and lenders
- Apply all outgoing wires and ACH to the proper vendor accounts
- Manage the 1099 miscellaneous reporting requirements
- Special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or related field
- 3-5 years of work experience in Finance
- Extensive knowledge about accounts payable procedures and relevant software
- A skilled negotiator
- A keen eye for detail & accuracy
- Problem solving skills
- The ability to think analytically
- Motivated to build relationships
- An effective communicator
- Ruthless at prioritization and not afraid to make tough decisions with little information
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful, creative mindset and entrepreneurial approach.
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.