Business Development Manager
Schumacher, a part of F. Schumacher & Co., is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wallcovering, trim and furnishings.
For our newly created Business Development Manager role, Schumacher is seeking a motivated, energetic self-starter to support our rapidly growing editorial presence and new e-commerce channel with a new revenue stream by positioning and selling Schumacher as a top choice investment for potential like-minded partners. They will broker new opportunities that will put Schumacher content in front of new and diverse audiences, to drive demand at a customer level. And they will establish and oversee a print distribution model for our biannual print magazine.
This role will be responsible for promoting and growing the Schumacher brand as well as driving new business through a solid understanding of our mission statement, tenacious communication skills, and a deep passion for making the world a more beautiful place.
This is a tremendous opportunity to help build an exciting and relevant aspect of our business! Though our corporate headquarters are in NYC, the business development manager will work remotely and be based in or near Austin, TX, where they will report to our Director of Digital Marketing.
- Plan, implement and oversee a new distribution model for our print magazine
- Plan, implement and oversee a new sponsorship and ad sales program, leveraging potential editorial coverage (print, online, social, email) and visibility across our channels
- Research potential advertising and cross-marketing digital partnerships and packages
- Maximize advertising sales and cross-marketing potential through the establishment and development of quality business relationships
- Communicate directly with external decision makers to identify their business needs and provide tools and high-ROI opportunities (from new ad packages to viable content ideas) that meet their goals
- Identify and target new audiences—and implement strategies to capture them
- Ability to work remotely, and meet as needed with the Director of Digital Marketing
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong work ethic and the will to start a new business
- A college degree in a related field
- 3+ years work experience, preferably in sales and/or project management
- A basic understanding of modern magazines, online and in print
- Ability to operate autonomously to meet personal and company goals
- Commercially minded and driven to discover new business opportunities
- Exceptional people skills and great diplomacy
- Strong time management and organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Curious and unafraid to ask tough questions and motivated to find less obvious solutions
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.