Creative Services Administrative Assistant
Schumacher, a part of F. Schumacher & Co., is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wallcovering, trim and furnishings.
The Creative Services Team is excited to add a professional and highly detail-oriented member to its team. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Creative Director and Style Director, managing their calendars, travel and contracts—and supporting all their initiatives and goals.
In recent years, the Creative Services department has grown significantly and taken on more and more exciting projects. Our new Administrative Assistant will also, on occasion, support marketing projects, aiding the creation and organization of various materials.
- Assist the Creative Director and Style Director, with great diplomacy, efficiency and kindness
- Think critically about priorities and deadlines, keeping the Creative Director and Style Director on task and on time
- Bring new ideas to the table to help improve workflow and time management
- Oversee calendars, contacts, contracts, and timelines by scheduling appointments, drafting documents and updating databases
- Create new files and input data as needed in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and across various programs
- Contribute to various Creative Services projects, from supporting the creation of original content to updating contact lists
- Manage meeting rooms and creatively shift around appointments so that all parties’ needs are met
- Support team and company goals as needed, excitedly taking on new and more projects as needed
- 0-2 years experience
- Strong ability to manage time and projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft office
- A no-task-is-too-small attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure, multi-task, follow directions, stay organized, and happily speak up as needed
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.