Creative Services Intern - Spring Semester
F. Schumacher & Co. is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering and furnishings and is seeking a Creative Services Intern for Spring 2019 for our fabric and wallpaper brand, Schumacher. We are seeking a well-organized, detail-oriented and motivated student with excellent taste and an interest in interior decorating. This position requires the ability to work quickly and wear many hats in a small department. To note, this internship offers school credit or a stipend.
- Collaborate on and execute initiatives with the Creative Services team
- Oversee marketing and merchandising projects, including social media series and Pinterest boards, showroom installations, special furniture and sampling displays
- Provide assistance on lifestyle photography shoots, both in studio and on location.
- Work with the appropriate teams, specifically the Creative Services and Sales departments as well as the Design Studio to enhance our business
- Enrollment in or a degree from an Art, Design, or Communications program with a high GPA
- Excellent attention to detail
- A passion for beauty, style and interior design
- The ability to multi-task and the willingness to be a team player.
- A self-motivated, proactive, fearless and positive attitude.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, including Excel. Familiarity with social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and WordPress. Basic knowledge of InDesign and PhotoShop is a plus.
- An eagerness to learn while keeping up in a fast-paced environment
F. Schumacher & Co is a 130-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.