Digital Content Intern
Schumacher, a part of F. Schumacher & Co., is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wallcovering, trim and furnishings.
Our dynamic and growing blog team is seeking a Digital Content Intern. This individual is eager to learn, enjoys reading and sharing online stories, and is seeking a future in editorial or marketing. This is an hourly, contract position with an initial term of 3 months—and a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about online content, particularly design and lifestyle topics. We are open to students who are studying Media, Journalism or Marketing, or working toward a similar degree.
Though our corporate headquarters are in NYC, the Digital Content Intern will ideally work from home/school and be based in or near San Antonio, TX or Austin, TX, where they will report to our Director of Digital Marketing (a former editor at The New York Times and Wall Street Journal).
- Pitch in as needed on content creation for our blog
- Help with content promotion on social media, in newsletters, etc.
- Research helpful digital strategies for the blog, social media and newsletters
- Write as needed
- Meet deadlines and multitask with aplomb
- Work from your home or school, researching and keeping track of your work in a Google Doc, meeting in person with our Director of Digital Marketing at least weekly for 1 hour at a time
- At least 1 year of professional experience or similar training through school
- A highly motivated self-starter who is driven to contribute exceptional work
- Excellent verbal and written skills, and confidence community via email and on the phone
- A strong interest to grow in some capacity related to online content
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- A no-job-is-too-small attitude
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.