Schumacher, a part of F. Schumacher & Co., is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wallcovering, trim and furnishings.
For this newly created Digital Manager role, Schumacher is seeking a motivated, energetic, creative and highly detail-oriented self-starter to help grow and support The Edit by Schumacher.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working across content, social media and ecommerce platforms. In addition to owning and completing day to day responsibilities, they will plan and implement strategies and projects to capture new and diverse audiences, grow the brand, drive sales and optimize ROI across all efforts.
Though our corporate headquarters are in NYC, the business development manager will work remotely and be based in or near Austin, TX, where they will report to and support our Director of Digital Marketing.
- Support and help manage all channels for The Edit by Schumacher, including but not limited to online lifestyle stories, social media accounts, the digital shopping destination, and a weekly newsletter
- Wear many hats, writing captions one day and fulfilling online orders the next
- Have experience in at least 4 of the following: SEO, web analytics, affiliate marketing, digital content/stories, managing relationships, social media, email marketing, e-commerce
- Communicate directly with internal and external decision makers to manage relationships and projects
- Identify and target new audiences—and implement strategies to capture them
- Ability to work remotely, and meet as needed with the Director of Digital Marketing
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong work ethic
- A college degree in a related field
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- A basic understanding of modern magazines and stores, online and in print
- Ability to operate autonomously to meet personal and company goals
- A strong interest in design, lifestyle stories—and living beautifully
- Exceptional people skills and great diplomacy
- Strong time management and organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task
- Curious and unafraid to ask tough questions and motivated to find less obvious solutions
F. Schumacher & Co is a 130-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.