Front-End Software Engineer
In the past years, Schumacher has launched an award-winning iOS App, totally overhauled the filter and search on our website, and developed the first API connect to our ERP software – all to the delight of our clients and measured returns for our company.
Now we are looking to take this momentum to new heights with an addition to our small agile development team - which consists of internal and contracted engineers, designers and product managers.
Schumacher is top of mind in its industry and runs on a complex network of applications that support our product development, procurement, e-commerce, and world-wide shipping operations. Our team creates RESTful APIs that power these systems and in 2018, we are taking our technology stack to the next level.
As a Front-End Software Engineer at Schumacher, you will be a key part of architecting a new information system to support even more growth by implementing critical product features and working on technical infrastructure to enable performance, scaling and ultimately revenue growth.
- Collaborate with a talented and dedicated Agile team of Product Managers, Designers and Backend Developers on transforming the digital landscape of the company
- Enjoy developing with our state-of-the-art front-end stack which includes ES2017, Node.js, Express, GraphQL, webpack, Sass, Babel, and Git (Github)
- Create universal JS modules to be used on both the client and the server
- Be excited by the opportunities and challenges afforded by responsive and adaptive design
- Cover your code with unit and integration test
- Collaborate with Product and backend teams on implementation of feature ideas and variant design elements for A/B testing strategies
- Perform audit reports of apps to identify design/UX issues/improvements
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines
- Collaborate with UX Designer on aligning functional products with our design-focused brand
- Engage in architecture and infrastructure decisions with engineering team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 3 years of front end engineering experience
- Experience implementing pixel-perfect responsive designs for multiple screen-sizes
- Proficiency building single page applications that consume Rest API services
- Familiarity with version control systems and continuous integration process (Particularly VSTS)
- Understanding of agile/scrum methodologies
- Ability to write abstracted, reusable code
- Ability to work autonomously on features/sites from start to finish
- Experience with bundling and versioning
- Ability to write clear and efficient code
- Ability to understand the concepts of ASP.NET MVC and C#
- Bootstrap, Foundation CSS
- Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- RESTful APIs / SOAP Web Services
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129 year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company you’re judged by your ideas and results, not your experience or title. So be thoughtful, casual and speak your mind.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At F. Schumacher & Co. working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. So, here, we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. And mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: focused and productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy in the office and out of it.