F. Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for home and interior design – in particular for fabric, wallcovering and rugs, is seeking a seasoned Junior Accountant. The majority of a company’s value is derived from its financial insights and plans. At F. Schumacher & Co., the Finance Team is an active and important participant in shaping the strategy of the organization and its successes.
This is a multi-functional position reporting into our Controller and providing ownership for crucial financial areas of a growing organization. This person will be working closely with the CFO and Controller on strategy for the finance function.
Key responsibilities will be providing the financial reporting within the organization while helping to improve processes. This person will also be responsible for providing stakeholders pertinent financial information to help them improve their business to enable future growth.
By nature, you are a self-starter, a protector, you are motivated by attention to detail, perfection and truth. The ideal candidate would possess these traditional qualities layered with the desire to be a part of change while adding company value.
- Contribute to the development of and support the company’s strategic plan
- Be a part of financial decisions by helping to establish and monitor policies and procedures
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording and verifying transactions
- Lead process improvement projects for key financial processes
- Manage both balance sheet and bank reconciliations
- Provide narrative and insight for various financial statement analyses – Actual vs. Budget, Actual vs. Forecast, Actual vs. Prior Year
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and support annual audits
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Conduct ad hoc analyses, as needed, to improve business performance
- Manage accounting operations including G/L and Cost accounting
- Minimum 1-2 years accounting experience
- Outstanding Bachelor’s degree
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Interest in new technologies and innovation
- A proven innovative bent with equally strong operational focus on execution
- Comfortability with and knowledge of various digital products, both financial and nonfinancial
- A person who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce
- Excellent ability to contribute to solving complex business problems
- The intellect and pragmatism to be able to effectively handle ambiguity and manage change
- Always curious and always learning
- Well-developed communication, team building, and influencing skills.
- Unquestioned integrity
- Resourceful, creative mindset and entrepreneurial approach
YOU WILL STAND OUT WITH:
- Strong SQL or data base knowledge
- Proven successes with improving processes
At F. Schumacher & Co, we love style, taste and innovation. We believe that design matters and great design matters more, as it can transform space, lives and careers.
While we celebrate our storied heritage, we are rather looking ahead to the next 130 years. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.