Junior Data Analytics Developer
F. Schumacher & Co. is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering and furnishings. The Product Merchandising Department is excited to add a Junior Data Analytics Developer (JDAD) member to its team.
Product Merchandising is a newly formed team to analyze our product portfolio and identify the driving forces behind sales growth. The group is looking at new and innovative ways to use data to make strategic business decisions. It’s an exciting group to be in and a key function in understanding our product, customers, and the growth of our company.
The JDAD will be a key contributor in developing the tools we will use to analyze and measure our business. In doing so, this role will be the subject matter expert for business-related data. The core responsibilities include building foundational corporate reports, developing data-driven tools to perform analysis, and providing others with the understanding of the data behind this information. This role will have a finger on the pulse of the company, knowing the company’s product and sales data like the back of their hand.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the company’s data
- Query complex data sets using SQL
- Build robust, browser-based applications
- Translate data-driven results to business insights
- Build automated sales and product reports, as well as field ad-hoc data requests from Sales, Finance, Marketing, Design, etc.
- Develop tools to help both corporate and sales teams access the data they need when they need it
- Research and analyze data to identify sales drivers
- Formulate and test hypotheses using data-driven approach
- Interact with leadership to explain data-backed analyses
- 1-2 years of SQL querying experience. If you’re a SQL ninja, even better!
- 0-1 years of development in PHP
- Great with time management, juggling multiple projects at once
- An enthusiastic and friendly personality – this role interacts with just about every group in the company
- An innovative and curious mind – this role will help to create new processes and reports that change how we view our business
- An interest or passion in the Interior Design space
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.