Junior Procurement Specialist
F. Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for home design – for fabric, wall covering, rugs, carpets and furniture, is seeking a Procurement Specialist.
Schumacher’s mission is to be the premier resource of branded decorative interior furnishings to consumers by offering the highest quality in PRODUCT and SERVICE. Every day, each of us must improve the efficiency of the supply chain to remain competitive and exceed our customers’ expectations.
In keeping with this spirit, we are looking to fill a multi-functional position reporting into the Director of procurement with a focus on our ship direct product as well as specialty finishes. You would coordinate with our vendors, mills, and sales team to expedite our sales orders for delivery to our customers and ensure their happiness.
This is a highly visible position that plays an important role in supporting the company’s success.
- Contribute to and support the company’s strategic mission for customer happiness
- Manage, monitor & track orders through to delivery
- Respond to and manage all inquiries in a timely and professional manner ensuring accuracy of information
- Initiate purchase orders to various mills for product and finishing
- Follow up with delivery information from the mills
- Communicate with various departments and sales teams regarding order status
- Resolve sales order and delivery issues
- Liaise with the Finance team to ensure timely billings
- Process invoices and confirmations for goods and services
- Demonstrated passion for excellence in providing the best customer experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and change direction based on business needs
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Action oriented and enjoys working hard/smart
- A team player, cooperative, a person who easily gains trust and supports peers
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- BA or BS (preferred)
- Basic accounting background (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service/procurement capacity
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.