Junior Software Engineer
In the past years, Schumacher has launched an award-winning iOS App, totally overhauled the filter and search on our website, and developed the first API connect to our ERP software – all to the delight of our clients and measured returns for our company.
Now we are looking to take this momentum to new heights with an addition to our small agile development team - which consists of internal and contracted engineers, designers and product managers.
Schumacher is top of mind in its industry and runs on a complex network of applications that support our product development, procurement, e-commerce, and world-wide shipping operations. Our team creates RESTful APIs that power these systems and in 2018, we are taking our technology stack to the next level.
As a Junior Software Engineer at Schumacher, you will be a key part of architecting a new information system to support even more growth by implementing critical product features and working on technical infrastructure to enable performance, scaling and ultimately revenue growth.
- Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, testing and deployment
- Drive feature and product updates for our complex network of internal and client-facing applications
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the digital landscape of the company
- Develop, test and deploy new products that directly impact core company metrics
- Develop highly scalable systems that touch all parts of our business operations – from product development, to shipping, to finance, to sales
- Collaborate with development team on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree – Computer Science or related field preferred
- 1-3 years of experience developing web apps
- 1-3 years of experience with MS SQL and TSQL
- 1-3 years of experience using Team Foundation Server Source Code Control
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between Engineering, Infrastructure and Product Management teams
- Results-oriented mindset, ability to adapt to a constantly evolving business environment
- Flexibility to adapt to change and willing to learn and develop new skill sets as applicable
- Experience in software lifecycles, software configuration management and change control
- ASP.NET MVC and C#
- Object-Oriented Programming Concepts
- SQL/ TSQL
- RESTful APIs/ SOAP Web Services
- Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, Internet Information Services
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129 year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company you’re judged by your ideas and results, not your experience or title. So be thoughtful, casual and speak your mind.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At F. Schumacher & Co. working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. So, here, we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. And mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: focused and productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy in the office and out of it.