Lead Project Manager, Hospitality
F. Schumacher & Co. is America’s leading name for designing and manufacturing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering, trim, and furnishings. We’ve kept our finger on the pulse of fashion, melding the best old-world traditions with ever evolving modern tastes.
Schumacher Hospitality designs have been woven into the fabric of American culture in historic landmarks like the Waldorf Astoria, the White House, the Breakers Hotel and have had supporting roles in countless tv series and films, from I Love Lucy, Gone with the Wind, and House of Cards.
The growing Hospitality Team is looking for a Lead Project Manager who will manage a team of project managers. This role reports into our Director of Hospitality and International.
- Manage and mentor a team of project managers to drive and achieve the overall sales goals of the team
- Provide guidance to team with day to day management of project schedules including overseeing reporting and KPIs.
- Partner with Director of Hospitality in identifying, prioritizing and implementing new processes and initiatives as needed
- Maximize sales within the department of all product categories
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with designers
- Consistently seek to expand your working knowledge of interior design and Schumacher collections
- Seek and develop new business opportunities through trade affiliations, industry functions, and networking
- Understand and communicate the latest interior design trends in the industry
- Manage team goals and budget
- 3-5 years of management experience ideally in the interior design or luxury space
- Proven ability to establish, orchestrate, and execute a multi-brand account strategy in the interior design market
- Experience in managing multiple employees and proven ability to coach, teach, train and motivate people towards a common goal
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems strategically and lead change in a rapidly changing environment
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial mindset in order to expand client base and grow existing accounts
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships with customers and team members
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the luxury interior design industry
- High level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
F. Schumacher & Co is a 130-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.