Merchandising Intern - Summer 2019
F. Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for home design – for fabric, wall covering, rugs, carpets and furniture, is seeking an intern in the Merchandising department.
Schumacher’s mission is to be the premier resource of branded decorative interior furnishings to consumers by offering the highest quality in PRODUCT and SERVICE. In keeping with this spirit, we are looking to fill a multi-functional position reporting to the Senior Merchandiser. You would assist in the creation process of identifying all of our products and maintaining a consistent and efficient merchandising process.
- Work with the Merchandising team to make an impact by supporting the department initiatives in a variety of day to day tasks including updating photo line plans, pricing new goods, and product launch documents.
- Gain understanding and comprehension of analytical reporting, portfolio shaping, and product development
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis
- Prepare reports and ensure the data is accurate
- Work closely with Merchandising, Design, Visual Merchandising and Procurement teams
- Support Senior Merchandiser and Junior Merchandiser in daily tasks and projects
- Construct well-organized boards for pricing and product meetings
- Build effective relationships with colleagues and cross-functional partners
- Enrollment in or a degree from a merchandising, marketing, economics, business or communications program with a competitive GPA.
- A self-motivated, proactive, fearless and positive attitude.
- Interest in interior design and/or overall creative disciplines
- Organized, thorough and detail oriented
- The ability to multi-task and willingness to be within a collaborative dynamic team environment
- Competency in Microsoft Office; especially Excel. Knowledge of v-lookups, sum-ifs, and pivot tables are a plus
- Quick comprehension of online software & tools
- A no-task-is-too-small attitude and willingness to pitch in as needed
- An ongoing eagerness to learn while keeping up in a fast-paced environment
F. Schumacher & Co is a 130-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.