F. Schumacher & Co., America’s leading name for home design – for fabric, wall covering, rugs, carpets and furniture, is seeking a Production Manager.
Schumacher’s mission is to be the premier resource of branded decorative interior furnishings to the Hospitality industry by offering the highest quality in PRODUCT and SERVICE. Every day, each of us must improve the efficiency of the Hospitality team to remain competitive and exceed our customers’ expectations.
In keeping with this spirit, we are looking to fill a multi-functional position reporting into Design Sales Manager of Hospitality with a focus on operations and logistics. You would coordinate with our vendors, mills and various transportation partners to expediate the delivery of our products to satisfy the fulfillment of our sales orders.
By nature, you are a self-starter, a protector, you are motivated by attention to detail, perfection and truth. The ideal candidate would possess these traditional qualities layered with the desire to be a part of a dynamic team while adding company value.
This is a highly visible position that plays an important role in supporting the division’s success.
- Contribute to and support the company’s strategic mission for customer happiness
- Manage, monitor & track hospitality shipments through to delivery
- Respond to and manage all client inquiries in a timely and professional manner ensuring accuracy of information
- Route shipments for the fastest delivery, in the shortest amount of time, at the best price
- Follow up with shipping information from the mills
- Communicate with various departments with purchase order status
- Resolve any delivery issues
- Liaise with the Finance team processing invoices checking for accuracy and urgency
- Create and generate reports to monitor our cost saving goals and client returns
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales and customers
- Assist with month-end sales closing to ensure the Hospitality sales goals are met each month
- Collaborate with teammates to review pending orders in order to release for shipment
At F. Schumacher & Co we love style, taste and innovation. We believe that design matters and great design matters more, as it can transform space, lives and careers.
While we celebrate our storied heritage, we are rather looking ahead to the next 130 years. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.
- Demonstrated passion for excellence in providing the best customer experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Excel, Outlook, Word and Access)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and change direction based on business needs
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Action oriented and enjoys working hard/smart
- A team player, cooperative, a person who easily gains trust and supports peers
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- BA or BS (preferred)
- Basic accounting and/or logistics background (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer service/procurement capacity with knowledge of tariffs and duties
- Skilled at prioritization and not afraid to make tough decisions with little information
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment
- Resourceful, creative mindset and entrepreneurial approach
- Always curious and always learning