F. Schumacher & Co. is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering and furnishings and is seeking a seasoned Sales Representative for our floorcovering brand, Patterson Flynn Martin. We are seeking a highly motivated, professional, design savvy, Sales Representative for our New York City trade-only showroom. The position requires the ability to effectively sell a wide range of luxury floorcovering products in a high-end showroom environment and to make sales calls to current and potential sales accounts.
- Generate sales of PFM brand through relationship building.
- Identify new accounts and establish relationships with key decision makers.
- Strategically develop and grow existing business in the market.
- Align with marketing strategies to properly target markets and capitalize on opportunities.
- Manage individual client book.
- Keep current customer base up-to-date of new product and offerings through mailings, telephone calls, e-mail, etc.
- Place and follow-up on customer orders.
- Effectively manage sales cycles while providing clients with a top experience.
- Participate in trade affiliations and industry functions such as market, line showings, mailings, trade publications, along with social and professional networking.
- Represent the luxury brand by providing the best possible customer service to offer the highest quality product and service standards.
- Proven ability to set and achieve sales goals through active collaboration and ability to influence the sale.
- Demonstrated ability of thinking creatively to build account level sales as well as strategically develop new business in a rapidly changing environment.
- Competitive drive and entrepreneurial mindset in order to expand client base and grow existing accounts.
- Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about luxury interior design industry.
- Exceptional organizational and follow-through skills.
- High level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
- Proven ability to identify growth opportunities including high potential customers & new accounts.
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success, we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.