Talent Coordinator Intern - Summer 2019
F. Schumacher & Co. is America’s leading name for designing and distributing fabric, wall covering, floorcovering and furnishings. Our dynamic and growing People & Organization team is seeking a Talent Coordinator. This individual is eager to learn, pays exceptional attention to detail and process, and believes no task is too small. This is an hourly, temporary position beginning mid-July with an initial term of 3 months and has the opportunity to extend further. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to learn the ins and outs of a People function. We are open to students who are studying Human Resources or working toward a similar degree.
- Support Talent Managers with the recruiting and hiring process including posting job descriptions, scheduling interviews, drafting offer letters and checking references.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll processing by reviewing new hire paperwork and entering variable pay related items.
- Create and maintain appropriate digital HR files.
- Maintain company organizational charts.
- Conduct research as it relates to HR initiatives and projects.
- Complete employment verifications and answer unemployment requests.
- Answer employee queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with ad hoc HR projects as necessary.
- At least 1 year of HR professional or internship experience, or similar training through school
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to grow in a HR capacity
- No job is too big or too small attitude
ABOUT F. SCHUMACHER & CO.:
F. Schumacher & Co is a 130 year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 130 year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.