Tech Support Specialist
In the past year, Schumacher has launched an award-winning iOS App, totally overhauled the filter and search on our website, and developed the first API connect to our ERP software – all to the delight of our clients and measured returns for our company.
Now we are implementing a VoIP phone system, Office 365 and migrating our on-premise processing platform to the cloud and we are looking for a talented, energetic Tech Support Specialist to augment our current Engineering staff.
Schumacher is top of mind in its industry and runs on a complex network of applications that support our product development, procurement, e-commerce, and world-wide shipping operations. Our team creates and maintains the technology that powers these systems and in 2018, we are taking our technology stack to the next level.
- Act as a point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance for systems in a Windows and Mac environment
- Effectively use your knowledgebase and other tools to diagnose and resolve hardware, software, network and account-related issues
- Deploy, install, and maintain PCs and software, tending to all adds, moves, and changes
- Appropriately document all required information in call tracking system
- Exercise appropriate workflow and time management
- Carry out additional duties, which may vary based on needs Demonstrate high level of responsiveness, resourcefulness, and follow through
- At minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or related field from an accredited institution
- 1-3 years of tech support experience
- Familiarity with common IP networking technologies and troubleshooting techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation, and user-facing skills
- An understanding of VPN setup
- Expert-level experience with Active Directory / Exchange / Office 365
- Expert-level experience with Windows 10 and Mac OS devices.
- Experience with TeamViewer / Log Me In Rescue / Remote desktop connection
- Familiarity with mobile platforms (Android / iOS)
- Knowledge of IP phone technology
- Excellent multitasking and follow up skills
- User Experience at front of mind
- Computer hardware expertise
- Experience supporting end-users in a Warehouse environment
- Hands-on experience with Zebra printers and industrial scales
- Experience with troubleshooting virtual machines (AZURE)
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.