Web Developer - Contract
Schumacher, a part of F. Schumacher & Co., is America’s leading name for manufacturing and distributing fabric, wallcovering, trim and furnishings.
We’re excited to reshape and amp up our digital content, and are seeking a web developer to build our newly designed blog and accompanying email newsletter. This contract position requires the ability to work under deadline to rebuild our existing Wordpress site and incorporate Shopify to create a shoppable blog.
In recent years, our existing, trade-only e-commerce site, fschumacher.com, has grown significantly. This new shoppable blog will inspire and engage existing customers and reach a new, broader audience. Though our corporate headquarters are in New York City, the contract web developer will work remotely from the Austin, TX area, where they will report to our Director of Digital Marketing.
- During Q1 2019, develop (1) the newly designed Schumacher blog, incorporating Shopify (2) various new story templates for the blog, and (3) a new email newsletter
- Collaborate with the Director of Digital Marketing on the best possible look and function
- Bring UX design experience to the table if you have it (not required): Our staff graphic designers will design on-brand layouts for the blog, story templates and email newsletter using InDesign, and would welcome UX design-driven input on the designs
- Develop complex, responsive and adaptive user interfaces for desktop and mobile browsers
- Work mostly independently, and quickly and efficiently, to meet our Q2 deadline for relaunch
- Test all code, for the blog and story templates, before relaunch
- Liaise with Digital Growth and Digital Product teams as needed
- A strong understanding of Wordpress and experience creating custom designs on the platform
- Experience designing an email newsletter
- An understanding of Shopify and experience integrating it into Wordpress
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, and write clear and efficient code
- Resume and portfolio are required
F. Schumacher & Co is a 129-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 129-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.